It takes effort to find out what those values are, and I suspect this document is about version v0.00001. Probably equal to “a vague prototype” that may change considerably.
Take a read and let me know what you think.
The ultimate goal is: happiness, and contentment at a life mindfully working towards self-fulfilment.
I aim to:
1) Be relentlessly confident things will be ok in the end (whilst confronting the brutal facts of the situation and working out the next steps to improve it).
- Try to see the silver lining in unfortunate situations
- Try to turn poor situations into much better ones
- Create joy and laughter along the way
2) Be persistent in journey of personal growth and learning
3) Be a consistently great communicator
- Seek greater understanding and empathy of the world around me
- Trend towards clarity, and assume best intentions
- Build relationships with great communications
4) Be down to earth
- Aspire to be humble, selfless, generous and approachable
- Show gratitude towards those who’ve helped me
- Acknowledge my shortcomings
- Be slow to criticise, and quick to apologise
5) Leave other people in a better state than I found them
- Frequently ask myself “how can I help this person enjoy life more and be a better person?”
- Help people where possible (even if it’s just helping them meet someone who can help them)
6) Work hard to make cool things I care about happen
- Avoid things that don’t assist the furthering of these values
- Create a medium term plan. Make that happen. Reflect. Repeat.
I also have some thoughts that it’d be nice to have:
- A tendency towards openess and sharing
- An element of daring – a willingness to take calculated risks
- and a bunch of other things
But I’m not sure they fit into my values… yet? Or at least I do some of them without thinking or thinking about thinking of them?
This is version v0.00001- very much a public draft for discussion and certainly missing points that I’ll probably want to add in later.
This probably contains sloppy language I should clear up, and maybe points that are ‘obvious’ or too specific and so can be removed.
What do you think? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments.