Are you drowning in emails? Trying to get some things done whilst juggling a bunch of other things?
Perhaps I can help? I want to lend out my skills to organisations in Manchester for free:
Is this you?
- You know decision makers need your product or service but it sometimes feels like they speak ‘different language’ to you?
- You’ve built a thing, and whilst you’ve almost done the technical side of things, you’re aware that making enough people sign up to the product is something you’ve not thought much about?
- You have an onboarding flow which could do with improvement?
- You have a technology setup, but no-one has looked at it in several years – and you wonder if there are better ways of doing things today?
- You have lots of customers that need talking to, and you wonder if you process for communicating could be more streamlined?
- understanding customers / customer development
- improving your customer support setup
- how to market & sell to your customers
- copywriting and email templates
- linux systems architecture & systems administration
- You’re genuinely interested in what you do
- You’re in a technology sector, or technology enables an important part of what you do
- You’re a youngish or small & growing organisation probably with a relatively small headcount
What people say:
He’s the friendly, approachable face of what can be quite a daunting world to folks like me from outside the natural world of Linux hosting and sysadminry.
I’ve always felt Tim was happy to chat to me and he’s always been full of good ideas both technically in terms of wider business/marketing.
How much will this cost me? Nothing. Free. £0.00
My organisation doesn’t quite fit your bullet points? Is it worth me applying? Yes. If you don’t try, you don’t know. Be bold and try!
What if you turn out to not be a good fit? Then it’s great we both find out quickly without losing any money.
When can you start? The first week I want to do this is the week starting 20th of March.
When is the closing date for this? Soon. I’ve not decided yet, but if you’re considering applying, apply now, because sods laws says I’ll close it right before you wanted to sign up.
What if I want you to keep working for me? My standard rate is £600/day, with discounts for block booking & speedy payment (eg 10% 7, net 30). If things are going well, let’s chat.
What do you get out of this? Not being bored. Chance to work with different people. Opportunity to work on interesting real life interesting problems. Insight into how different organisations work. Chance to help customers. Chance to develop my skills.
Will everyone who applies be accepted? Almost certainly not. Sadly I’m fairly sure practicalities of time make it impossible.
Will you sign <some kind of thing> with us? Probably. I like things in plain english that are easily understandable.
Does my organisation have to be based in Manchester? If you work from an office, then it’d be best if you were at least somewhat based in Manchester. If you work in a distributed manner – sure I’d be delighted for you to apply (I’m mostly in the UK timezone)
Are charities/projects/social enterprises/etc allowed? Sure.
What criteria will you use to choose? A simple one: I’ll choose the one I like the sound of most right now.
I’ve worked with you before, can I apply? Sure!
This isn’t how my organisation’s bureaucracy works. Can you contact us with a CV & cover letter please? Thanks – I suspect we’re not the best fit for right now.
Is this a deep commentary of our socio-capitalistic ritual of workplace subjugation? No.
A great example of big society in action? No.
Are you aware how lucky you are? Yes, I’m very aware that being able to offer this is a privilege I’m lucky to be able to exercise.
I have another question? Leave a comment or drop me an email?