At the end of 2011, I made some vague plans for 2012. Not resolutions. Nothing grandiose. But things that would probably be good ideas.
- Do more offbeat, adventurous, unexpected, unusual things.
- More travel. It largely doesn’t matter where, just more of it.
- Find some new ways to take myself out of my depth
Ok. I’m doing that quite well. It can get difficult to find a way to escape the comfort zone, but I’m doing it.
- Work out boring things in my life, and work out strange new ways to liven them up.
- Example: work out a way to make shopping for boring things, fun
Yeah, I’m not sure there is a way to do this. Internet, can help. If only we had Zappos for clothes in the UK.
- Do more pirate party politics
- Stand in May council elections
- Do more education-specific work
- Develop public speaking skills
I’ve done the first few of those things, but I think I’ll be doing less of the politics. Right now it’s not what I want to do.
Education stuff. That’s a good question, but probably not going to be solved right now.
I do need to improve my public speaking skills, probably by finding something I want to talk about and talking about it, repeatedly. Practice practice practice!
- Find some new things to parody and satirise.
I’ve not done any of this recently. Probably a good thing, I’d have probably got myself in trouble/created unwanted drama, if I’d properly done some ideas
- Take small steps in lifestyle healthier directionsPerhaps start swimming again?
- Learn to cook more adventurously
Boom. Doing this.
- Blog more
Did this. I’ve blogged at least once a month, usually many times a month. In February I think I even tried to do a post a day. I actually have about 60 draft posts in various states of half-completion, blog posts are certainly a lot more frequent than they previously have been.
- Maintain old friendships and keep in contact with old friends and family.
I think I’m doing ok at this, but if you think otherwise, give me a shout and let’s meet up.
- Listen to some new styles of music
- Work out some more inspiring and interesting goals, because these ones are pretty much just “try to do more of the same”.
I thought up some. I need to think up or select some more at least.