Last year was tough.
It was so tough, that I didn’t write any resolutions or plans, because I couldn’t divert any outward energy to them, and didn’t feel I was able to write candidly without self-censoring. So I wrote no plans.
This year I’m going to try to be more transparent – my current aims for this year are something like:
- Find someone who’ll love and support me, and let me love and support them.
- So we can explore our journeys together.
- Ingest as much information and knowledge about relationships in whatever forms I can: books, talks, audiobooks etc.
- So I understand more, and at least know where to look if I need to quickly develop skills I don’t have, which help me be a better partner.
- Improve and polish the van to make it more desirable to live in
- So that it’s more polished, more comfortable and could grace the pages of insufferable lifestyle magazines.
- Get fitter by doing more hiking & climbing
- So I feel physically & technically fit enough to consider more outdoor challenges.
- Travel, explore and see the country (and others).
- To see the world from different perspectives
- So I can play around with building ideas that might make other people happy
- Figure everything else out.
- So there are answers to the unanswered questions in my life.
This is a snapshot (accurate only on the day it was posted) of constantly evolving plans. If I decide that one of those isn’t so important, it may be removed, changed etc – and that’s ok.
So here’s one last thought, if you’re able to help me take any small footsteps towards getting closer to any of those goals: recommending, suggesting, encouraging, supporting etc. then you’ll be helping me with exactly what I want to be – and I’ll be incredibly grateful.
If that’s anything I can do to support you then I’d love to know, to see what I can do – I appreciate you taking the time to read this.